Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I'M BACK!!!!

As some of you might have realized, I was not around during this year’s Summer Camp.  It was the first time in the nine years I have been at the Science Museum that I wasn’t working at camp.  I was actually out on Maternity Leave.  Over the summer I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.  And even though I loved being home with him for two months I did miss teaching at SMLI.

I have now returned from my leave and excited to be back during my favorite time of year, fall.  Being at the Science Museum during autumn is the best time to enjoy our 36 acre preserve, especially when you join one of our classes.  The after school programs during this month will be venturing out, since the weather is just perfect for learning outdoors.  Monday’s holiday program, Pioneering Spirit, will have the children out on the preserve for shelter building and campfire making.  Even our Halloween event on October 31st will bring guests outside for hayrides and a spooky walk in the woods followed by marshmallow roasting.  


Stop on by Leeds Pond Preserve to enjoy the sight of the leaves changing colors and to see the Museum get transformed into a Halloween haunted house.  While here, stop in to sign up for one of our many upcoming programs and also stop in to say hello.  I look forward to seeing all of our members I missed during the summer and of course would love to meet any new members who have now joined the Science Museum. 

Registration is now open for our Halloween Family Fun Party on October 31st from 6-8 PM.

Please give us a call today at (516) 627-9400 EXT. 10 to register.
Only $20/CHILD and $5/ADULT

-Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment